To convert virtual server backup to template:
- Go to your Control Panel's Virtual Servers menu.
- Click the label of the required virtual server.
- Click the Backups tab, then select the appropriate backup type:
- Images - full backups
- Files - incremental backups
- On the screen that appears, click the Actions icon next to the backup and choose the Convert to Template (see Create custom templates).
For Windows VSs: make sure that disk filesystem (NTFS) is consistent (not corrupted) before backup conversion to custom template. It is highly recommended to take backup after VS shutdown. Otherwise proper template provisioning is not guaranteed.