To migrate Smart Servers between different Compute resources the network interface configuration of those Compute resources should be identical.
OnApp allows cold migration of smart servers between hosts that share common data stores (or data store zones). Cold migration means moving smart servers that are shut down.
To migrate a smart server:
- Go to your Control Panel's Smart Servers menu.
- Shut down the smart server you want to migrate.
- Click the Tools button and press the Migrate Smart Server link.
- In the window that appears, choose the target smart server from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Start Migration button.
OnApp administrators can control user access over smart server migration. Using OnApp permissions, you can allow/forbid users to perform migration of all smart servers, or their own servers only. This is handled in the Control Panel's Roles and Sets menu.